Get paid with Google!

Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Time Saver Idea #1: The Crockpot

If you are all like me, there is just never enough time in the day. This morning I volunteered in my youngest child's kindergarten class, came home and cleaned the kitchen up from the breakfast chaos, through in a load of laundry, had lunch, just read through my email, have about 10 items I need to package and ship, and about 20 things I wanted to get listed this afternoon. Never mind dinner! ACK!

So here is my first time saving tip. The Crockpot. I love mine. In the winter time, I use it at least 3x a week, sometimes more. You can throw something in there in the morning, and just forget about that last minute scrambling to find something for dinner. There are also a million recipe's online. Here are two of my family's favorite, most easy recipes ever.

Mexican Chicken: 1 jar of salsa, 1 packet of taco seasoning, 4-6 boneless breasts. Throw all that in there for 2-3 hrs on high, or 4 on low and walla. Take the chicken out, shred it up and use it on taco's, burritos or quesadillas. If you want to make it a little more complex, throw in a can of black beans and a can of corn at the beginning, and add an 8 oz brick of cream cheese in the last
hour. Cut up the cream cheese into smaller chunks and stir in when you add it and again right before serving to distribute evenly. Makes for a creamy sauce and you can serve this option over rice!

BBQ Pork: Just throw in enough boneless country style pork ribs to feed your family. Cover with a bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce. Let simmer on low all day. When it's done, shred up the pork and throw it on some hoagie rolls!

Enjoy!

No comments: